I just finished watching the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. What an amazing movie. The story of Holly and the inability she has to attach herself to anyone or anything. She calls herself a wild thing that can't be tamed. She even has a cat that she won't give a name because she refuses to 'own' the cat. During a party scene in Holly's apartment you see a bird cage. Inside the cage is a fake bird. I think because of the inability of her to have anything alive locked up. She gets something she calls the mean reds. The feeling of depression which is worse than just being sad , also known as, the blues. The reds are when you feel something bad is going to happen, only you don't know what it is. Her only cure for the mean reds is to visit the jewelry store, Tiffany's. She feels that nothing bad could happen in a place that is so calm and proud looking.
How sad that she isn't able to accept the love of others and come to realize the calm that comes with knowing there is someone else you can rely on that loves you. She is a character that makes you think. It helps me to realize how lucky I am to have Mark and Coleman in my life to love and hold close, along with the gospel that brings a sense of purpose into my life.
4 years ago

1 comments:
I agree, we really are blessed more than we know. I think that having the knowledge of the gospel just helps us to keep things in perspective. What a sad and lonely world we would have without the love of our families!
Post a Comment